Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Deep Fried Substitute Arguments

The title pretty much says everything but I suppose I'll elaborate, for posterity's sake.

Hallelujah I finally got the call to sub! I've  been on the list for the two closest school districts since August and I finally got a sub job on Tuesday and to ice the cake, I got asked to sub again on Friday too. Listen, I was an English major in college with my teacher's license and this week I subbed for High School Spanish and Algebra II; I told those poor kids that I'd be absolutely no help so they had to ask each other...magic words for high school kids; most of them complained about the busy work they were given and just talked instead. Me, being an excellent educator and tattle tale wrote down everything for their teachers....needless to say, one of the teachers already told me she is going to ask for me from now on. Score.

Next, Mr. Adventure and I went to the little Barbecue Festival that happened here in our little town this weekend. Coming from Texas, I know good barbecue and I was a little disappointed. They only had one big concession stand for bbq and the only sandwiches they had were shredded pork; I'm a brisket girl so I was left a little wanting. However, the dream come true were the Deep Fried Oreos, Funnel Cakes, and Deep Fried Moonpies. Oh yes, be jealous. Those oreos were the most beautiful thing I've tasted in a while; they just melted in your mouth. Oh. Em. Gee. We tried to talk to some friends from church after I'd eaten and I swear my brain shut down from all the sugar. When we got home I just passed out on the couch in a coma.

Finally, I'm a little worried. Mr. Adventure and I have some really great times together. However, lately we've been having some really serious arguments over stupid things and today he told me that if I was unhappy, maybe I should just get a divorce and be done with it. I'm so sick of the petty things we keep fighting about. It always starts of with something small and one or the other has to say something against it and then we escalate. We are both Extremely stubborn and like to be right so we go round in circles. We just can't seem to stop Picking at each other; then he likes to tell me things like "You don't really like me anymore" or "I don't think you want to be with me anymore" and he pushes my buttons until one day I yelled out that I hated him. I've never said that to anyone. Ever. What are we doing? Did we make a mistake? I'm scared and I don't know what to do...we used to be really happy and then life happened and now we're only happy sometimes...is this normal? It's too soon to fall apart....

Lord Help Us....Happy Wed-ding?

No comments:

Post a Comment