We did it! We made it! Congratulations to us!
That's right, on April 16th, Adventures in the First Year officially ended! Now, I know that is currently May and I am waaaay behind, but I didn't want to write about our anniversary until we Actually celebrated it. Which we did. This past weekend.
I know, I know it took forever but since it's the end of the school year, Mr. Adventure has been SUPER busy and we didn't have the time to take off until this past weekend.
Honestly, our actual anniversary wasn't all the special. It was a normal day with normal things and really, it didn't feel any different to us at all. We did, however, take part in the tradition of eating the top of the wedding cake.
BIG MISTAKE. It was, to say the least, disgusting. Part of that might have been the fact that it was wrapped in a plastic bag for a whole year, and it didn't help that it had melted a little on the way to Tennessee from Texas. Needless to say, it tasted like something unmentionable and we didn't even take full bites. We did enjoy some Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice and that was Divine!
Also, I wanted to start a tradition with the hubby that we could keep up forever. I found a glass jar, tied a pretty ribbon around and gave it a tag that reads: The Promise Jar. On little slips of paper, Mr. Adventure and I wrote out 10 promises that we hope to keep this year. They didn't have to all be serious, just something that we thought we could each do to make our marriage even better. Unfortunately, I already went back on a couple of promises, but the good thing about seeing it all the time is that I remember and I do what I can to make a change.
This past weekend, we went to Nashville for a nice little mini-vacation to celebrate! We had a great time, didn't argue very much, and I promise to write more later.
Happy Wed-ding and Here's to Adventures in the Second Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment