Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

40 Winks...and a Surprise!!!

After being married for almost a week now, there is one thing that really stinks. I can't get any sleep! And no, it's not because we are doing the tango in the sheets--I just can't seem to sleep with  another person in the bed! 

Don't get me wrong, cuddling is wonderful; I love being held close by the man I love. I just love it better when I'm not trying to sleep. Every time I get close to falling asleep, he moves or snores or tries to put his arms around me. I love him so much and I love being in the bed with him, but I can't seem to figure out where to put my head so I can actually get some sleep! I'm pretty sure that I don't look like a beautiful bride I was a week ago because the bags under my eyes look like a couple of bricks...

On a completely different note, Mr. Adventure teased me on the phone yesterday with a surprise. When I got home from work yesterday, I found that the dishes had been washed! and he had left me a note with some scriptures to look up for encouragement. He knows how much I worry about things and the verses he chose were perfect! They also led me to the bed where I found he had commandeered my camera and taken a few goofy photos...also on the bed was an open comic book with a scene about Poison Ivy and the specials "oils" we bought on our Honeymoon Weekend...that one made me laugh. I knew Exactly what he wanted when he got from work...

The final part of the surprise was a script he'd written a long time ago. I was supposed to read it last summer, but time got away from us and I never did. It's loosely based on several conversations we'd had when we first started dating, and I have say, it was beautiful. I wish I could tell you all more, but I don't want to give it away in case he tries to get it published. It is a wonderful character piece and I am so honored that he thought enough of me, even back then, to write me into one of his plays.

Even if I can't sleep with him, he is a wonderful man and I am so blessed to have him by my side forever! 

Happy Wed-ding Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment