Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

The First Time on the Couch

Guess who it was....no, not him...ME!!!!


The other day Mr. Adventure and I had an argument because he did something that he knows I do not like and he failed to tell me about until we were going to sleep that night. I was so mad that I got up to read a magazine to cool off and Mr. Adventure told me if I left that I could just sleep on the couch....


SO I DID!!! That's right everyone, I slept on the couch. Like a dog who messed up on the carpet and got thrown outside. 


But why you ask? You weren't the one who screwed up, he was. Well, after I got my temper under control and decided to go back to bed, Mr. Adventure was sound asleep. In the middle of the bed. He looked so peaceful and he has so much trouble sleeping that I just let him sleep. I went back to the couch and laid there awake for a couple of hours, hoping that he would wake up and tell me sweetly to come back.


Did that happen? Absolutely Not. I laid there in the dark and listened to him snoring; every time the snoring stopped I hoped he was awake and coming for me. Unfortunately, he never came. He slept the whole night in our bed and I managed to fall asleep a couple of hours later.


We made up since then but it sure was terrible waiting for someone to come that never came. Next time, I promise to just go and wake him up or talk to him or whatever. There is no sense in leaving things hanging and being mad all night. Relationships require open communication and sometimes Mr. Adventure and I completely close ourselves off. I promise to work on this.


Talk to one another and Happy Wed-ding!

No comments:

Post a Comment