I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but there seems to be this magical space in the bed between a husband and a wife where no one dares to sleep. I look behind me and see a glaring abyss between Mr. Adventure and me. The night starts off all cuddly and nice and sometimes marital happenings...happen, but after that we both turn over to our separate corners and fall asleep. Did I miss the memo? Is there some kind of unwritten law that married people don't actually sleep "together?"
Thinking about the abyss reminds me of an episode of The Marriage Ref where this husband LOVED cuddling his wife so much that they slept in a twin bed. Together. It was hilarious to watch them try to sleep together and the poor wife would roll over and fall onto the floor. She had to sleep on the edge otherwise the husband would squish her against the wall....needless to say, the wife won that argument.
I guess this means that cuddling has its place; once the honeymoon is over and the blissful blinders come off, you actually realize that Sleeping is important. Maybe the space between isn't a marital deathtrap but rather a necessary place where both partners finally get some rest.
Get some sleep and Happy Wed-Ding!
No comments:
Post a Comment