Where to begin? It's been a crazy whirlwind of weeks lately and I've failed miserably to chronicle anything....
Tomorrow we celebrate 6 months of marriage!!! Somehow it still feels like we tied the knot yesterday but it's already been Half a Year!
I've finally been subbing pretty consistently and Mr. Adventure has been stressed out with the upcoming show so we've had a few crazy fights lately. Last night during the painting workshop with the set designer, we completely blew up at each, I left, told him he could walk home, and then ended up coming back with dinner. We may argue a lot more than we should, but at least we never stay mad for long....
Last weekend we celebrated our 6 month anniversary(because we were pairing all day today) by going to Nashville. Traveling by car is not one our strong suits because we argue about how each of us drives and then we blow up when we get lost. We cannot seem to keep our cool in the car.
However, we did finally get to have a Chipotle Burrito (had to drive 2.5 hours to get it) and we had a great time at the Parthenon and this really Ritzy Mall called the Shops At Green Hills. They have a TON of Designer clothing stores like Michael Kors, Betsy Johson, Chanel, etc and we felt totally out of place there seeing as we're POOR. Everyone looked so pretentious; I swear they put on their most expensive stuff just to show off to all us poor people. I heard one woman pick up a suit and tell her friend "It's only $250!" Oh. Em. Gee. I could buy sooo much more stuff with that at Goodwill and make it look just as good....
How do I feel about being married for 6 months? Well, my mom put it this way: "You're an Old Lady now." Sometimes I do feel that way, especially when I'm hanging out at the college with my husband's student workers and I see how carefree they are. Sometimes I just want to be a little free to flirt and play again, but then I remember how nice it is to have that warm body beside me each night. I have a wonderful man who sometimes does the dishes and even hides all the crap boxes when a guest is coming to stay in the spare room. He may drive me absolutely crazy sometimes, but thank goodness he also drives me crazy sometimes (if you know what I mean ;) ).
Happy 6 months to us and Happy Wed-ding!
No comments:
Post a Comment