Ok, so I've started doing Insanity to hopefully get in shape before this summer. I'm also using recipes from a healthy cookbook to kick start the weight loss. Most of the recipes have been really good so far and Mr. Adventure and I will definitely be eating them again.
Not the Chicken Pot Pie though.
I had a bad feeling about it as soon as I emptied the entire 32 ounces of mixed veggies into the pan. It was just too many peas, carrots, and green beans. I pulled it out of the oven and we both took a serving and dug in. At first, Mr. Adventure was nice and said that it wasn't too bad. However, by the time he'd finished his face said the opposite. I couldn't even finish my bowl. Instead of being negative, Mr. Adventure sneakily suggested ways we could fix it next time. At the same time, I'd thought way too much about what I was eating and I could no longer stomach it.
But we are not ones for wasting. No way. There was no chance we were going to waste all those good biscuits and chicken so we took our spoons and dug in. That's right. We dug out all the food we liked and tossed the healthy part. It was hysterical and we just laughed while we scraped vegetables off the good stuff.
Mr. Adventure said, as he tossed the veggies, "You win some, you lose some."
This was definitely a loss. Happy eating and Happy Wed-ding!
No comments:
Post a Comment