I'm subbing for 10th grade spanish this week and those kids are driving me crazier than the 6th graders I sub for. Students like these are the reason why I went from getting certified for high school to being certified for elementary. They just don't care about their work and there's not much you can do because they need to be responsible for themselves.
Also, during the day, Mr. Adventure called to tell me that he had "messed up" that morning. Mr. Adventure and I have been faithful Christians our entire lives. We know it is wrong to lust and Mr. Adventure used to have an on again-off again problem looking at things that he shouldn't. This was back when he was dating a girl that he was not allowed to kiss. Their relationship was more like a friendship and she didn't fulfill any of his needs(which for us, as Christians, was only kissing).
However, when he started dating me and we had a more physical relationship he immediately stopped. He said that being with me was different and that he was so attracted to me and adored me(his actual words) so much that he didn't need to do that.
As far as I have ever known, he has never relapsed. Until yesterday.
Mr. Adventure started Insanity this week and all the exercise has kicked up his sex drive. I have had to get up early to go to a subbing job and I haven't been able to meet all of his needs. In his sexually driven stupor he got a hold of something he shouldn't have.
Thankfully, he felt remorse right away and prayed. He asked for God's forgiveness and for mine. He also called to tell me what he had done because he knew I deserved to know. I am grateful for his honesty and the whole thing really didn't make me quite as upset as I thought it would. We talked about the incident and he helped me understand what happened and promised not to do it again. And I believe him. I'm going to trust him and trust that he will be faithful. In the past, I would've been extremely upset and jealous and part of me still feels like maybe I'm not good enough and that I don't satisfy him, but he made sure to let me know that is not the case at all. We are ok now and I'm doing my best to feel confident.
Be honest and Happy Wed-ding!
No comments:
Post a Comment