I'm watching Dr. Oz right now and the episode is about eating disorders. It kills me to watch these girls who are wasting away because they think skinny is beautiful. They aren't starving themselves; they are killing themselves and it hurts my heart.
I've always been a chubby girl. It runs in my family and it's hard to get away from. I can't lie and say that I've never thought about the anorexia route, but in my own life I know much I love good food and it would never work for me.
But I have lost weight. 40 pounds in fact. However, I didn't starve myself. I stopped eating junk food every night and started exercising five days a week. In a year, I was a completely different person.
I'm not done with my weight loss journey though; I still have about 20 pounds to lose to be in my healthy weight range for my height. Lucky for me, I've found a beautiful community called Tone It Up. It's NOT about losing weight. It's about being Strong and Healthy. We eat clean and we work our strong, gorgeous muscles! Instead of encouraging each other not to eat, we give each other recipes to eat All. Day. Long.
In my world, Muscle will Always be sexier than Bones!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment