Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Flying Solo

I have a hard time being by myself. Whenever Mr. Adventure is working, I sulk around the apartment and eat ice cream and watch tv. Yesterday though, I tried to be a little more adventurous and went to Church all by myself. It wasn't too bad; the only hitch was getting lost looking for my Bible class because Mr. Adventure is the one who always remembers where to go. Lucky for me, we were having one combined class in the auditorium and I just followed the crowd inside.

Last night's Bible class was about family relationships and everyone doing their part. The teacher mentioned that we won't get the results we want if we don't put in the effort needed to get that result. He also talked about a family only being successful when everyone does their part. It made me think about myself and how sometimes I don't think I do my part as a wife. I know I'm new to marriage, but I'm not new to this relationship and I think that I have been lacking in a few things. I'm hoping that this lesson will be the jump start I need to be the best partner I can be. If I put in more effort, maybe Mr. Adventure will too and then the things I complain about won't even be any issue anymore. 

Have a great Thursday everyone and Happy Wed-Ding!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment