Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

It's Raining, It's Pouring...I'd rather be in bed snoring...

So today is Monday and it's Monsooning(that's right, I'm making a new verb) in Texas. I will be stuck at home alone, while Mr. Adventure has to go into work for a meeting on his only day off. I know I complain a lot but this one really ticks me off because he works most of the weekend and Monday is one of the only afternoons we get to spend together and now we don't get it....Grrr....

On another note, I watched a really fantastic film yesterday called La Vita e Bella, or The Beautiful Life. Mr.Adventure watched it in his Italian class a long time ago and has told me ever since that I need to watch it. It's the reason he started calling me Principessa, or Princess in Italian. It is a moving story about a waiter who comes to the city and falls in love with a wealthy socialite who is promised to another man. Through some not-so-accidental meetings, the two fall in love, are married and have a son. Throughout the movie, we hear about the Germans and their elite race and Italians are beginning to be targeted for their Jewish faith. The family is taken to a work camp and in order to spare his son the harsh truth, he invents a game for them play while they are at the camp. The main character, Guido, is wonderfully silly and light-hearted even in the midst of persecution. I laughed throughout the entire first half of the film and cried the entire last half. It's a tear-jerker, but the love and admiration are so inspiring and I recommend it to anyone that loves a good Love story.

Wish me luck on yet another evening alone....Happy Wed-ding Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment