Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Adventure's To the Rescue!

Sunday evening I baked a beautiful Tator Tot Casserole and I was so excited about it, that I fixed a plate of it and filled up a water bottle to meet Mr. Adventure when he got off work. Turns out, when I'm half way there, he calls and tells me he's already off. Lame. This irritated me of course because I made a last minute decision to go and I was going to have to turn around and go back. Whenever I plan to go, I end up sitting outside for an hour and a half but when I don't plan, he gets off early...

Anyway, after debating with myself whether or not I should turn around, I decide to meet Mr. Adventure at a gas station in the middle. After he took part of the wonderful feast I made for him, we noticed a little cat sitting on the sidewalk at the end of the gas station. We looked at each other and at the cat and back at each other several times before deciding to walk over to it. This little cat was so sweet; she laid down at our feet and let us pet her and she purred like crazy! The lady inside said it might belong to the Animal Boarding place next door(sketchy right?) and we left a message with them over night. We tried to walk away and go back to the car, but the poor thing followed us over so we scooped her up.

While we were holding the kitten, a lady in a Cat Shirt walks over and asks if we are taking the cat home. We, of course, had No Idea what we were doing. She told us all about her 120 cats and dogs at the animal shelter she runs about an hour away. She suggested we take her home and try to find her owner and if no one claims her, we should definitely adopt her. The Cat Lady even gave us some free dry food so we packed her up and took her home.

The first thing we did when we got home was try to make a make-shift kitty litter box. My brilliant husband noticed some almost-but-not-quite empty boxes of Fresh Scoop and we put what we could into the lid of a box. The cat did not waste any time sitting in the box and doing business; unfortunately for our noses there was practically No litter in the box and that cat did some Serious business. In fact, it was so bad that we went out and bought kitty litter and Air Freshener so bathroom might smell normal again.

Our new friend crowded into the bed with us and has every night since; she is so playful and sweet and we have become so attached. I've made signs to try to find her owners, but without tags or a collar we hope she doesn't belong to anyone.

For the time being we stopped calling her Kitten and started calling her Zoe. It's amazing to me how God's timing works; I was just telling everyone how lonely I am when Mr. Adventure is gone and sure enough, this sweet little cat shows up. I'm thinking I might start telling everyone I need a Million Dollars....a girl can dream....

Happy Wed-ding and Rescue an animal!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment