One thing I hate about a new marriage is the lack of free internet. It's been probably 2 weeks since I posted anything because we still don't have internet access unless I steal it from poor Gail in random apartment B. I'm finally on the internet again at the library and Mr. Adventure is sitting next to me so I'll try to be nice(since he just said 'Complain Much?). Lame.
Anyway, since I last posted, we managed to finish the school year out and I am now free!!!! Mr. Adventure, of course, is not free. But we did get to keep Zoe so I at least have a companion when she actually decides to acknowledge my existence. Since Mr. Adventure works Wed-Sun, our weekends are now on Monday and Tuesday and we've already taken advantage of that by going to Grapevine Mills Mall where I treated Mr. Adventure to the Rainforest Cafe. Not such a good place if you are newly married and on a tight budget....we spent $40 there on food we could've had at Chili's for half the price...the atmosphere is what you pay for and we had a great time after we got over the sticker shock.
I think we are settling into marriage just fine; neither one of us really feels that different on a relationship level. The bad thing is, we are both suffering from Adult On-Set Responsibility. Both of us are feeling really disillusioned at where we are. We don't love our jobs and we don't make enough money to do anything really worth while so we don't feel like we're living. I'm hoping that our move to Tennessee will bring a whole new invigoration to both our lives as we get new jobs and explore a new place.
No comments:
Post a Comment