So, the first year blog so far is kind of a fail.
We don't have internet at our apartment so typing everyday hasn't been feasible. My plan was to update everyday so I could remember everything, but sadly it's just not happening. I'm playing catch more than I ever wanted to....it's always like this for me and "diaries," I start them, type a few days, forget about it, type some more, forget again, and Voile--I've abandoned yet another chronicle of my life.
Maybe once we move, we'll actually get internet and then I can sit our new little office/guest bedroom and type lots of wonderfully witty things. Speaking of moving, we move out of our apartment on the 20th and we move up to TN on the 22nd. Just this weekend, my mom, dad, and I went up there to look at rent houses and apartments so that Mr. Adventure and I will actually have somewhere to go when we get there.
The whole search was a big emotional mess and I cried. A lot. Most of the places we looked at were old, old and dirty, or just plain scary. We can't afford a lot but it seemed like if we wanted anything nice, we'd have to buy a house. After a lot of grief we finally found a place with nice duplexes and a lot of people from the University live there. It's a a very quiet neighborhood and we will have newlyweds living right next door to us.
The only pitfall? No pets allowed. Our sweet, playful kitten that we rescued will have to find a new home and I am absolutely heart broken over it. I know she meows a lot and she's not super lovey dovey but I've come to love her so much and I will be devastated when we have to say good-bye. I'm just praying that we find a home for her and we don't have to give her to a shelter. I don't know if I could ever forgive myself if I had to leave her with strangers and I already feel so guilty....
I just feel like I'm giving so much up and I'm not getting anything back for it. I left my job and I'm giving up my kitten and my family and friends here to move to a place I've never lived. I'm not a metropolitan kind of person, but I am certainly more city than country so I don't know if I can survive these southern accents and small town ways. I'm just so tired of worrying and I want something that makes ME happy....
Do something you love(husbands will do) and Happy Wed-ding!
No comments:
Post a Comment