First of all, Mr. Adventure and I celebrated 4 Months Married last night by going out to TGI Fridays; they were having a great 3 course special for 12.99 that we couldn't pass up. Then we walked around Books-A-Million and Old Navy to walk off our feast. I tried on those jeans they've been advertising with that annoying Tiffany song, but they weren't that special so we headed back home. My lovely husband, knowing my many weaknesses, took us to Sonic for ice-cream and then we made it back to our Home Sweet Home.
Maybe not so sweet....
To be truthful, it really isn't so bad. Out of all the places I looked at, it was the cleanest and biggest. For some reason, people in this small town seem to think that what normal people call Duplexes are really apartments. When I tried to explain to our Landlady that real apartments are stacked on top of each other, she just looked at me like I was crazy....
Anyway, this place was built in the early 80's so it's definitely rough around the edges. Our kitchen cabinets are dark brown with Orange(yes, you're reading that right) counter tops and they are little bit fuzzy on the edges from maybe(?) water damage or steam. The walls are bright white because clearly that's the cheapest color to cover up all of the nail holes they've filled in, and the "trim" under the front window is actually an old door frame.
Next, the freezer doesn't freeze anything and the fridge doesn't keep anything cold. The air vent in the bathroom doesn't work and a lawnmower managed to shoot a rock into a window.
But despite all of its 'quirks,' it really isn't a bad little place at all. The rent isn't much and we don't have to pay for water, and we also finally have Two bedrooms! I'm really thankful to have a lot more space to spread out our stuff and have a place for my sisters to stay when they have long weekends off from school. I have some really cute decorations and I even made a picture frame collage over the couch. We have really nice neighbors that we've already had dinner with and the neighborhood is so quiet and safe that people don't always lock their doors.
Even though our new home isn't perfect, I am very thankful that we have a good place to start out. God is watching out for us and we are really making it; our marriage seems to be getting happier and much less stressed out than we where a couple of weeks ago.
Have a wonderful Friday everyone and Happy Wed-Ding!
No comments:
Post a Comment