Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Country Roads, Take Me Home....

Ok, so it's been a bajillion weeks since I've posted....Since the last post, we packed up everything and moved from Texas to Tennessee. And not the cool part like Nashville; we're pretty much in the middle of nowhere....

It's funny, whenever I packed to go to college I always brought WAAAAAY too much stuff. Coming back home from college, I always had even more stuff--it was like some kind of magical stuff fairy came into my life and waived her little crap wand around until I had twice as much stuff as I'd started with. So it really shouldn't have surprised me when it took an entire rental truck to pack up everything we've gathered over our meager 3 months of marriage. We could've made the most Epic Box Fort ever if we had had time to play with them; the only one who had time to play with them was the kitten.

Speaking of the kitten, I suffered the most terrible heartbreak over my poor Zoe. No one could take her from us and we couldn't find any nice places to live here that accepted pets(stupid podunk town); we had to take her to a no-kill shelter and a little piece of me died when I knew she was gone. Mr. Adventure and I were so depressed we were about to drive 10 hours back to Texas to get her back. When we called the shelter though, they told us she was already gone. I can only hope and pray that an amazing family adopted her and that they will love her even more than we did.

So, more about Tennessee. In our little part of the world, there is a McDonalds, TacoBell, Family Dollar, Dollar General, and Piggly Wiggly. Not much else besides the University where Mr. Adventure works. It is such a culture shock when you realize you have to drive 25 minutes to get to Wal-Mart and 45 minutes just to get to Target. I really miss my favorite stores in the mall and the restaurants the most. The closest mall is 20 minutes away and takes about 2 minutes to walk through. The good restaurants are in the same area and it drives me crazy. My only consolation is the fact that everyone here has been so friendly to us. We have great neighbors that are also newlyweds and more across the street....we're thinking about starting a Newlywed Club in the neighborhood.

I'll talk more about new place tomorrow because it really does need its very own post....Moving has been hard but we are lucky to meet so many nice new friends and Mr. Adventure's new job is a great blessing.

Until tomorrow, Happy Wed-Ding!

No comments:

Post a Comment