Nothing too amazing happening here in the Adventure Household. However, the other night we were outside in the yard waving good-bye to my sister when I see something seemingly fly down from the sky. Turns out, it had flown Up and back Down again. And guess what it was? Mr. Adventure's WEDDING RING! That's right folks; somehow Mr. Adventure has managed to lose enough weight for his rings to be loose.
What about me? Are my rings slipping off. NO. Absolutely no change, but I digress....
Somehow we've managed to go 6 months without buying a flashlight so we settled into grass with my cell phone and a couple of prayers. We have a tree right outside of our house, so I was convinced we'd never find it amongst the bajillion leaves with the equivalent of a match. Thank-goodness our neighbor across the street came home and just happened to have a flashlight in his truck.
After about 10 minutes of pushing leaves around the ring finally surfaced. Mr. Adventure took the flashlight back and our neighbor told him(with a hispanic accent), "Your wife is gonna keel you!"
Well, I didn't "keel" him; I figured if he lost the ring we'd just have another little wedding and I'd have an excuse to wear my wedding dress again. So no harm, no foul.
Hold on to what you've got, Happy Wed-ding!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment