Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Playing "Ketchup" and a $30 Christmas Tree

Holy Crap. EPICALLY EPIC FAIL. (Surprise though, it looks like 'epically' is a real word. Score.)


So it's been about a month and half since the last time I blogged. Halloween happened. 7 months happened. The show happened. Thanksgiving happened. Now it's time for Christmas. 


Now I can see why writing a diary never worked out for me. I just can't seem to commit to anything on the internet that isn't Facebook. Even etsy sent me an email begging me to come back because it's been so long since I've visited....and now I'm about to be temporarily addicted to Pinterest. 


Anyway, life for The Adventures has actually been going fairly well lately. Since Mr. Adventure finished building the show, he's been much more mellow and arguments have been fewer and farther between. I like Mr. Adventure when he's not feeling so much pressure and he can be more like himself. We get along so much more peacefully when we relax and don't take things too personally. 


So now it's Christmas time and here we are. I love Christmas more than any other holiday in the whole wide world and I grew up in a family that has always done it Big. Lots of decorations, baking, and traditions. Mr. Adventure grew up in a family where they didn't always have the money for much Christmas. 


Trying to merge our two backgrounds for Christmas has been a little hard for me. I've been sooo excited about the holidays and he feels a little more lack luster about them. He has allowed me to turn on the Christmas music station, but he put a Grinch on his homemade stocking. We finally got a Christmas Tree, but it cost $30 from the Dollar Store. 


We also started off with a grand total of THREE ornaments; two we made last year and a Flash ornament he brought from home. However, by the generosity of my Momma and a friend from church, tonight we have garland, crazy ornaments, and the old Christmas Tree Star that my family used to use every year. I have also used some of the other extra round ornaments to make a cute table display complete with a snowman couple and a polar bear. Maybe one of these days I'll post some pictures of what I came up with.


Anyways, Happy Holidays, Happy Wed-ding, and thank the Lord for Mommas who care!

No comments:

Post a Comment