Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

You Look Like an Oven Mitt

That's exactly what my husband told me today. 

Now it's true that I've recently broken my cardinal rule to Never wear sweatpants; in our pursuit to save money on the electricity bill, it's been so cold that I've been wearing tights, knee socks, and Mr. Adventure's sweatpants to sleep in. He told me I looked cute in them and that girls shouldn't feel so bad about wearing them because they look good on us...sometimes.

To be fair, I'll tell you the whole story. 

Mr. Adventure comes home every day for lunch and today was no exception. Because of the cold, we decided to have chili. I was pulling it out of the microwave, and I warned him to use a towel to take it to the table because it was really hot. When he came back over, he put his hands in the pockets of my pants and told me I was like the oven mitt because I was "too hot to touch." I faked absolute horror and told him I would never wear his pants again...

In other words, I have the most romantic and flattering husband ever...Happy Wed-ding and put on some real pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment