This is going to be a hard Christmas for me. This year, we spent Thanksgiving at my parents home so now we are going to spend Christmas at his parents. Don't get me wrong, I love his parents. They are have been nothing but sweet and kind to me, but it isn't my house and isn't my momma.
My sister, who goes to the college where Mr. Adventure works, left for Texas today. After she was gone, every time I saw a family related commercial on tv, I cried. Like a baby. I am a self-professed Momma's Girl and I don't know how to spend the holidays without our special traditions. Thankfully, I've been able to sneak a few our family traditions into my wedded relationship and I hope to stealthily put a few more in before this year is through.
On another note, our relationship has been a little weird lately. Mr. Adventure has been so testy and quick to shout at all these little things that don't normally matter. I really hope it is just the stress of the season, because my heart just can't take too much more. I feel myself backing down more and more lately and I don't want to feel beaten down. Hopefully once this Christmas vacation starts, we can relax and have a good time and all will be well.
Our little Christmas tree looks so beautiful now with all the ornaments that my mom sent us. I even had a few presents under the tree before my sister whisked them off to Texas for the fam. The spirit of the season is dwindling a bit for me, but I'm praying that as the day gets closer I will feel it more like I'm used to feeling it.
Also, I just interviewed for a office position at the school where Mr. Adventure works. It was Amazing interview and I am One of Three applicants they decided to actually interview. If I get it, it will be a huge blessing for us and I will finally have something to do all day(in another part of campus, thank goodness).
Praying for safe trips and Happy Wed-ding!
No comments:
Post a Comment